JioFi is a portable router that was launched by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited at the same time when they launched their 4G SIM cards in India. It was a great initiative by the company as people wanted to try Jio 4G SIM cards while they were carrying a 3G phone in their hands. People still today like to use the JioFi device even if they have a 4G smartphone. And the reason is that you can easily connect your PC/laptop with your JioFi or with your smartphone. Secondly, it’s really compact in size, making it a travel-friendly router. But one thing that many people still struggle with is that they are not able to reset or change the password of their JioFi routers. This is really problematic as, if a person has connected their phone to your JioFi router even once, they can easily connect to it again, without asking you for the password. This makes it necessary to change the JioFi password ASAP. And it’s really simple to do so, keeping reading to know how it can be done.
How To Reset JioFi Password On Website
You can easily set up a new password for your JioFi with the help of the Jio website. So let’s discuss in detail, how to do that.
1. Connect your JioFi with your smartphone/PC/Laptop, or any device with which you use your router.
3. Once you are on the website, click on the Login option available at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Now login to Jio by entering your username and the current password and clicking on the Login button. By default, the username and password is “administrator”.
5. After that, you need to click on the Network option, and inside Network, select Wi-Fi Configuration.
6. Here you can easily change the password for your JioFi router.
7. Click on Save once you have changed the password.
How To Change JioFi Password With Jio App
If you use JioFi with your Android or iOS smartphone then it would be easier to change the JioFi password with the Jio app on your device. For changing the password, one thing should be kept in mind that your JioFi is turned on and the status in the parameter tab is Green. When both these things are taken care of, changing the password becomes easy and these simple steps need to be followed.
1. Locate and open the Jio app on your cell phone and tap on the My Device option given at the bottom.
2. On the next page, you will see a gear icon at the top right corner, tap on it.
3. After that, tap on the Change password option that appears below your JioFi SSID.
4. A pop-up will appear where you need to provide a new password. Confirm your new password by providing the same password and tap on the Submit option.
5. A popup will appear stating the changes that you made might take some time to reflect. Tap OK to confirm.
With this, you have successfully changed the password of your JioFi router using the Jio App.
Forgot Username And Password? Here’s How To Factory Reset
It’s quite common for people to forget about their JioFi username and password. In that case, it becomes impossible to access the Jio website that we used to reset the password. And you won’t see My device option in the Jio app as well.
In that case, all you need to do is, reset your Jiofi to factory settings. This is how you can do it.
1. First, you need to open the back cover of your JioFi router.
2. On the right side, you will see a small hole with Reset written adjacent to it.
3. Now you need to grab a sharp pin-like object and insert it in the little hole where the reset button is hidden.
4. Hold the button pressed for about 30 seconds. Now you will see the lights of your JioFi router blinking and your JioFi restarting.
5. Once it is opened, go to the Jio web page again (given above in the first method.) This time the page will open and now you easily set a new password for your JioFi again.
With this, you have set a new password for your router while you didn’t remember your previous password.
It is always suggested to change the password of your JioFi every 2-3 months. When someone visits your home, it’s common we share our passwords with them. Similarly, we sometimes share our password with our neighbors when they face connectivity problems with their WiFi. So, many people might use your WiFi and deplete your data. By changing your password, you can avert unwanted devices from using your WiFi.