With new updates comes new features, fixes of bugs, and the installation of new software that make the usability of your Windows 10 PC more comforting. But along with few features, new bugs are also noticed after an update. One such issue that is mostly found after an update and needs an immediate fix is related to audio. One of these issues can be like, no recognization of headphones or earphones, due to which the sound is played on your PC speaker only. In some cases, there’s no audio at all. Like this, there can be many problems that you might face with Windows 10 PC audio. Here are some ways to fix audio issues in Windows 10 PCs that might work if audio services on Windows 10 PC are not working.
Fix Audio Issues In Windows 10 PC
Checking The Basic Things And Connections
Before going for the advanced fixes given below, it’s necessary that you check the basic settings and things that might be missing.
Checking The Input Jack
Sometimes, especially on gaming headphones, you are given two jacks, one for the speaker and another one for lights or mic. And you might have input the lights or mic jack instead of the speakers jack. So just have a look and confirm that it’s the speaker jack you are plugging.
Checking For The Volume Dialer
Spending a great amount of time fixing the audio issue by going for the advanced fixes goes in vain when it’s actually the problem with your headphone volume dialer. Even if the volume on your speakers is full, you won’t be able to hear anything if the volume dialer of your headphone is at zero. So make sure that’s not the case with you. And if you find your headphone’s volume dialer at zero, fix it by increasing the volume and then try playing anything.
Solving The Problem With With Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter
1. Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. This will open a bunch of options and you need to click on the Settings option, just above the power button.
3. Now you will see various sections where you can change Windows Settings. You need to click on Update & Security.
4. On the left-hand side, you will see various options related to Update & Security, you need to click on Troubleshoot.
5. Under Troubleshoot, you will find a bunch of options and you need to click on Playing Audio and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
6. In a few seconds, all the devices will appear that have been connected to your PC or laptop along with the in-built speakers of your System. The in-built speaker will be auto-selected like in our case it’s Speaker/HP – Realtek High Definition Audio. Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
Depending on the problem, your PC will suggest some advice to fix the problem. Follow the advice properly and the audio issue will be corrected.
Solving The Problem With Device Manager
1. Using the search option given at the bottom left of your PC and adjacent to the Windows icon, search for Device Manager.
2. Now you will see plenty of options and you need to locate and double click on Sound, video and game controllers.
3. This will further open all the Bluetooth headsets that were connected to your PC or laptop including the in-built speakers of your PC. Locate the speakers of your PC, select them, and right-click on it.
4. After right-clicking, click on Update driver.
5. You will be given two options under How do you want to search for drivers? You need to click on Browse my computer for driver software.
6. After that, click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
7. Select the in-built speakers of your PC which in our case is Realtek High Definition Audio. Then Click on Next after selecting.
Right After clicking on Next, your PC will start updating the driver on your PC speakers. Once the driver is updated, any problem that you are facing with your speakers might not exist now.
Not able to play any sound on your PC or laptop can be really frustrating and hinder a lot of work. So it’s necessary that we try to fix the issue of audio with these given fixes. But as we told above, don’t just directly jump to the advanced fixes. You need to first try to check for the basic settings and basic fixes. If that doesn’t work then you need to go for the advanced fixes given above.